Have you signed up for the Writer Unboxed newsletter yet? The second issue just arrived in my Inbox yesterday, and I spent the morning poring over advice, reviews, and interviews created especially for writers like you and me. Out of all the “stuff” I receive in my Inbox, this monthly newsletter is one that I genuinely look forward to receiving because it contains tons of insightful content, like…
- 21st Century Tips – helpful writing tips from legendary agent/author, Donald Maass (this month he shares tips for creating tension)
- The Book That Changed My Life – each month a different author discusses the book that changed his or her literary life (this month features bestselling technothriller author, J.C. Hutchins)
- Ask the Editor – Victoria Mixon answers readers’ craft questions from an editor’s point of view
- Insider Confidential – real authors share brutally honest advice and pitfalls of the book trade
- Desk Health – health tips for writers, written by Writer Unboxed founder and health writer, Therese Walsh
- Facebook Community Roundup – a handful of helpful links and resources that have been shared by the Writer Unboxed Facebook community and compiled by Vaughn Roycroft
- A Conversation with… – author interviews conducted by Jan O’Hara (this month Jan interviews PayPal founder’s ex-wife, Justine Musk, about creative fearlessness)
- Reader Unboxed Book Review – each month a different community member reviews an “unboxed” book (this month Keitha DePreist revisits a classic, I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith)
Oh, and did I mention that I also write a column for this fabulous newsletter? It’s called, BOUNDLESS: A Digital Publishing Roundup and explores what’s happening, what’s hot, and what’s on the horizon in the rapidly changing world of digital publishing. While I may be a smidge biased, I genuinely think this newsletter is one of the greatest new resources for writers. And the best part is…it’s FREE!
Want to subscribe to the Writer Unboxed newsletter? Simply click here and enter your e-mail address to have it delivered to your Inbox monthly.